Audio Studio A (Podcast Studio)
Have you ever wanted an audio studio to record your podcasts, voiceovers, or a video podcast? This space is set up as a podcasting studio, perfect for those looking for better sound quality than at home.
Audio Studio A Equipment:
* ZOOM H6 Handy Recorder
* 2x Audio Technica AT2040 Condenser XLR Microphone with popkiller filters
* Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones
*27-inch iMac with Retina 5k Display
* 2x Genelec Speakers
* Focusrite Scarlett 18i18 Audio Interface
*Greenscreen can be provided upon request
Users must be 16 years of age or older to book.
Capacity: 4 people
Square Footage: approximately 170 sq. ft.
Cost: Free of charge for up to 2 hours.
Book in advance by contacting our Event Services Coordinator or drop-in use if room is available.
Audio Studio B (Rehearsal Studio)
For those looking for a quiet space to rehearse, compose or practice an instrument, our Audio Studio B is a soundproof room equipped with chairs and music stands. This room is free of charge on a first come, first serve basis.
Users must be 10 years of age or older.
Capacity: 4 people
Square Footage: approximately 100 sq. ft.
Cost: Free of charge on a first come first serve basis (not available for advance booking).
How to book the Audio Studios
The Audio Studios are booked on a first-come, first-served basis at the Information Desk. Those who have booked in advance are also to see the Information Desk to sign out the room key.
Users must have a library card in order to sign out the Audio Studios (a valid I.D. may be required beyond a PEI library card at the time of booking).
Bookings are limited to 2 hours per day, per group.
The Audio Studios close 30 minutes before the library closes.
Drop-in use is possible for both studios if they are available.
Advance bookings for Audio Studio A are held for 15 minutes.
Advance bookings for Audio Studio A are limited to three bookings per month per user/group.
Those booking audio studio A must be sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of booking. A responsible adult must accompany all children ages 10 and younger.
Audio Studio rules
Users must sign an agreement before use of the Audio Studio A is permitted.
1. Reservation permission does not give an expectation of privacy – Rooms must be left unlocked throughout the duration of the booking. Staff reserve the right to enter the studio at any time.
2. Creating and/or distributing content within the Audio Studios which contains “hate speech” is not permitted. Hate speech is any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons.
3. Rooms must be left in good order. Those booking the Studio agree to accept full responsibility for the condition of the studio and technology equipment, as well as the group’s behaviors during the use of the studio.
4. Studios cannot be booked as a study space or for video conferencing.
5. Be mindful of sound levels – the space is not completely soundproof.
6. No open food or drink allowed.
7. Users are not permitted to move furniture from other areas in the library.